keeping moisture inside the skin becomes difficult with dry skin because it is hard to retain moisture from the inside. the term sensitive skin refers to skin conditions that cause rashes, blotches, burns, or stings easily. there are many possible causes of reactions, including products and the weather. if an allergy or disease does not cause the inflammation, your habits might be responsible.
possible causes of skin irritation
it is possible to experience skin irritation by switching skin care products frequently. another cause of sensitive skin is using different anti-aging treatments, like spa facials that use microabrasions or chemical peels.
Keeping it simple makes a huge difference when it comes to skincare products and routines. in addition to being extremely uncomfortable, having irritated skin can make you feel unhealthy and unwell.
make sure you cleanse your face gently.
when choosing a facial cleanser, look for one that maintains your skin's natural moisture and removes dirt, makeup, and excess oil without irritating or drying it out. use a gentle cleanser like omega 3 body cleanser to avoid soap, fragrance, and harsh chemicals. avoid over-washing, as this can cause irritation and dryness. the best thing you can do for your face is to clean it twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.
keep your skin moisturized.
moisturizers leave your skin feeling good and can also reduce irritation, boost hydration, and restore the outermost layer of the skin. it's essential to find a moisturizer that has been specially formulated to soothe sensitive skin and contains no added perfumes or colors that may irritate sensitive skin. choosing a formula with ceramides may be a good idea. ceramides help repair the skin's lipid barrier while replenishing the skin's lipids. the hydrating mango face cream suits everyone and can be customized to meet the needs of different skin types.
avoid irritating your sensitive skin
sensitive skin occurs when certain triggers cause the skin to react negatively. avoiding these triggers altogether can sometimes be the best way to handle this. you may notice your sensitive skin flares up due to the following:
- new perfume
- clothing fabrics that you wear
- overexposure to the sun
- makeup, air conditioners, or central heating might also be contributing factors.
wear sunscreen at all times.
skincare products that contain sunscreen are beneficial to sensitive skin. despite being indoors, you can still suffer from acute UV exposure. choose a moisturizer containing SPF. it's best to apply sunscreen when you're outside and not just use a moisturizer with a sun protection factor. if it is going to be hot outside, wear a hat and sunglasses when you go out.
don't exfoliate too harshly.
it is good to exfoliate regularly because it helps deep clean the skin, removing irritants, pollutants, and impurities. additionally, exfoliation promotes skin renewal and removes dead skin cells. it is essential to remember, however, that not every facial scrub is the same.
tips for taking care of dry sensitive skin
it is easy for your sensitive skin to become irritated. you should learn and apply the following dos and don'ts:
- no skin type should be exposed to too much sun without sunscreen. sunscreens often contain harsh ingredients such as benzophenones. make sure you use a sunscreen with spf 15 or spf 30 containing zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which are the safest physical sunblocks. these ingredients are very gentle and effective on sensitive skin.
- avoid rooms that are overheated or air-conditioned. drink a lot of water and use extra moisturizing creams at these times. you may need to reapply moisturizer throughout the day if necessary. washing in between is not necessary.
- salon treatments, such as skin peels, can aggravate skin.
- keep your hands away from your face. your fingertips can spread bacteria, fungus, and viruses to your skin, causing irritation. if you are applying moisturizer or makeup, ensure you have clean hands.
- mineral-based cosmetics are preferred by dermatologists when it comes to makeup. generally, sensitive skin would benefit from these products, as they do not clog pores.
adewunmi is here to help you if you are having difficulty taking care of your sensitive skin. we have all the products that can help you, and we can also customize your very own product. if you have any questions or concerns about how to customize a product from us, don't hesitate to contact us today!